Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Monday, January 5, 2009

Probably my Favorite Room

I love this portion of the house. It is our hearth room. When we were searching and searching for the perfect floor plan to build a few years back it was my dream to have a hearth room. Most floor plans either lacked this feature or they were far less than desirable.
Til we found this plan.
I wouldn't have a clue how many people have sat in these chairs and talked and laughed and made decisions. My plant customers often sit here while they ponder their arrangements. These chairs rock and swivel so that if guests are here and want to face the kitchen, they can.
My daughters sit here when they come home. Oh the secrets and boy talk these chairs could tell!
Grandbabies are rocked and loved and read too in these chairs.
My husband and I sit here every evening while watching the news and discussing our day. Friends sit here. Maggie sits here. She even bathes here! :)
It's just a warm and cozy part of our house.
Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch is taking a poll for Metamorphosis Monday. I could certainly be a candidate. We have been in our home for 2 1/2 yrs. and I'm starting to get serious now about areas that had to be set aside at first while we purchased new furniture, worked on landscaping and so much more. Decisions like paint colors and draperies and such are on my mind. I thought when you built a new house there would be little to do after you moved in! HA! Still many decisions. The dining room you can see behind the couch is my next project. I'm going through fabrics trying to decide on the window treatments and then I'll choose a paint color.
Oh yes! Shopping for new end tables and a coffee table are on my mind too. Sigh

15 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Donna,
Your home is gorgeous! Love the warmth of the colors.
"Hearth" rooms are pretty popular here in the Carolinas. Our home development did offer some plans with one included.

Can't wait to see what you do in 09'.
~Melissa :)

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Donna,

Oh do I know the feeling. I am in my house 3 years and you are so right. The first few years were spent in landscaping design, furnishing and I did add the conservatory, which was a two year project with permits and such, but now I am ready to change the neutral builders colors to those that reflect my taste. So many decisions though, it truly was exhausting. I hope to undergo the painting this winter. Your home is lovely!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna, I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for your visit. I just love making new friends. And boy, am I glad I came here for a visit. Your home is incredible. I dearly love to hear about and see projects in the works. I get so excited, you would think I am living in the home. :)And your hearth room looks so inviting. Come over again when you can, we'll get to know each other better.

Hugs,
Chris

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Donna this is just so pretty girl...and homes here all have a hearth room only its called a family room here..glad I came by to see your beautiful home...have a great day hugs and smiles Gloria

Cathy said...

Donna, I love the hearth room...very warm and inviting.

Cathy

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh how lovely! I have considered turning my breakfast area into a hearth room, too - but I would have to pretend I had a fireplace. LOL Your's look so swelcoming and cozy. I bet you spend a lot of time there, and I can see why its your favorite room. Thanks for sharing!

southerninspiration said...

I love that room, too, Donna! One day maybe I can visit you in that room and we can share all manner of girl talk! take care!

Suzanne

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Donna, I love your hearth room! It really is the heart of your home, isn't it? I love all the stories and events your comfy seating group has seen...those are what really make a house a home! Made me smile to hear about them. :-) Thanks so much for sharing the news about Met Mondays on your blog...so appreciate your getting the word out! :-) Susan

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh It's gorgeous...so cozy! And Miss Magnolia is a cutie! She reminds me of my Kitty! Have a great week!...Debbie

southerninspiration said...

Hey friend, I gave you an award for your blog....come on over and see!

Suzanne

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Donna, Your home is just beautiful!! Love your colors and it looks like you have a wonderful floorplan. Kristen

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Donna, I also love your home. The colors are very relaxing. I think as people that love home decor there is always something we'd love to change, improve, whatever. I know I'll never be done decorating. And I don't want to be. I am so glad you love living in the floorplan you selected. We love our floorplan, too!!
Hugs, Terrie

artis1111 said...

I am loving the candle by the fireplace!!. Kathy

lvroftiques said...

Oh Donna your house is beautiful!! I love the columns! And I can certainly see why your hearth room is your favorite! Perfect cozy chairs and a welcoming fire....just my cup of tea! I have been in my house for more than 11 years and I still haven't chosen wall colors! *winks* Vanna

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Donna, beautiful room. I can see why its your cozy special place. Thanks for stopping by to see me and do come again.

All the best for 2009,
Judy