Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Monday, January 12, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Christmas may be over but I'll be shopping again soon.
Three friends and I are heading for Dallas and the Buyer's Market later this week. There are hundreds and hundreds of showrooms to choose from. My feet already hurt just thinking about it. I'll literally be walking for the better part of four days!
It is a fun trip, but also work as there are so many decisions to make.
With this economy we are now in, I must really be careful with my choices. It's always easy to buy, buy, buy and get caught up in the moment, but I don't plan to do that this trip.
Anyone else going to one of the markets?

9 comments:

southerninspiration said...

OH HOW FUN!!! I wanna go!

Suzanne

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Donna, I might be going. My former boss, Sherry, is in Dallas now. Her daughter just had twins and she has a house there too. I might ride down with her husband on Thursday.....just trying to get things worked out. Market is overwhelming isn't it?? I mainly want to go to cash n carry!! Kristen

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I wish I were going. I can't wait to see what you bring home. I hope you'll show us!!

Melissa Miller said...

All I can say is WOW!
Please show us what you find.
I'm excited for you Donna!

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Donna,
I'll be going to the New York show on the 25th of this month. I know what you mean. It is very exciting, but extremely exhausting as well. And in this economy it will be tricky, you don't want to buy too much, but not enough isn't good either. Good luck!

Carol

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh sounds like fun! But I really had not thought about how the economy would affect what is bought. That's tricky, huh? Have a great time...Debbie

Designs on 47th Street said...

Kristen, so you'll only be there Thurs? I'll be looking for you! Terrie and Melissa, I won't be bringing much back with me as it is mostly orders I will be placing. There is a neat cash and carry area that Kristen talks about.

Carol, I would love to see how the NY market differs from Dallas. Your comment is so true.

Suzanne and Debbie...wish you could come along and help me make decisions!

Cathy said...

Do you need someone to carry your things? LOL! :) I look forward to the pictures and details. Have fun!

Cathy

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Omaha?