Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Random Things on this Wednesday

 

 

Summer 2009 006

I’ve never played along with Wordless Wednesday, but have certainly enjoyed looking at everyone’s pictures.  I had one I wanted to share today.  He’s cute, isn’t he?  This is grandson number Three ready for the pool.

 

AAhhhh!!! I got this post ready and now I can’t find who sponsors this!  Can anyone help me???  Thanks!!!

 

Can we talk even if it is Wordless Wednesday?  I don’t want to get kicked off the first time I play along with this. :)

 

 

Can you see me up here?

floral for bath 002

 

 

How about in here?  Close the door, Quick!

floral for bath 003

 

 

 

 

 

Recently we were sitting for our Granddogger, Val.

 

Summer tablescape 011

 

She looks sweet enough, doesn’t she?  Yes, she is a chocolate lab who belongs to our daughter and son in law.  Well my little girl, Magnolia did not appreciate a house guest in the form of a dog.  Quite comical because our dog who she hangs out with is much larger than Val and she doesn’t even budge if he walks by.

 

We did have a scare while Val was here, however.  Mags used up one of her nine lives.  She jumped up on the top of our opened garage door.  My husband, not knowing she was up there of course went to close the garage door.  She squealed to high heaven and Mr. Brown Socks quickly stopped the door.  He went over to see what had happened and she was no where in sight.  We looked for her for three hours, afraid she was hurt and hiding somewhere.  Thank the good Lord up above she came home, ran in the house and jumped up on the very top of the kitchen cabinets.  I had a cute picture of that but it got deleted.  We actually lost a cat who had the garage door come down on him years ago, so I was very frightened that Maggie was injured.  Val never had a clue what she put sweet Magnolia through!

 

 

Thought I’d share yesterday’s project.  This is going in someone’s bathroom on their toilet, so I placed it on mine to see if the fit was good.

 

floral for bath 004

 

 

Or maybe I should try it on this toilet………

floral for bath 005

 

 

 

Don’t go away without leaving a comment even though it is Wordless Wednesday!

floral for bath 001

This guy was in our front yard and by the time I grabbed my camera he was already at the neighbor’s headed for the woods.  These wild turkeys just crack me up.

 

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

9 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Donna...Now its Dixie at French Lique,texas that does wordless Wednesday...But be sure and read her rules...before you hook up...even you can't say anything ha ha!! May you have a great day my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Domestic Designer said...

Great pictures. Glad no one was hurt in the garage door incident! Have a great day!

southerninspiration said...

I'm afraid you are busted and cannot join the Wordless day, my friend. I'd much rather read about your pics and know what's going on with you, though....haha. That little guy is adorable, and has gorgeous eyes, that run in your family! The cat is hilarious, and that flower arrangement is lovely.
And lastly, if you participate in wordless wednesday, does that mean all the comments are blank, too?? :)

Suzanne

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

LOVE the china cabinet picture!!!!

Nancy Rosalina said...

What adorable fur babies!!! Love that Lab!!!! She does look sweet! Love that floral arrangement too!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Nancy

stitching under oaks said...

great pictures... that grandson is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

YOUR GRANDSON IS ADORABLE. I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS, THAT CAT IS SO CUTE!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Donna, I loved the pictures. But, I hate wild turkeys in my yard! Thay can make such a mess.
Hugs, Terrie

Melissa Miller said...

What a great post Donna! Oh I'm so glad your cat was okay and that turkey is just too funny.

Your yard and all of the flowers are GORGEOUS! I just adore the pretty curved arbor. ~WOW! :)