Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh! Those Beautiful, Colorful Days of Summer

 

Tablescape Thurs

 

 

 

 

Always enjoying Thursday and looking forward to Susan’s presentation of Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch, I am pleased to join in on the fun today. 

 

Summer tablescape 003

I have a fun reason for setting the table in style as my sister in law Deb and her daughter  Ashley will be visiting with us today and tomorrow.  Ashley is a college student studying in Texas and we are so excited for her to be home for a few weeks.

 

 

Today I am using my Hartstone salad plates, all with a different vegetable.  Shown at this table setting are the green onions, the beets, asparagus and radishes.  I also have green beans and carrots.  I may have told you before that once upon a time I was co owner of a little quaint gift shop and we sold Hartstone dishes.  Unfortunately, this company has now gone out of business.  They had the cutest dishes that my partner and I loved to display for the seasons.

 

Under the salad plate, you may recognize the salad “fiesta” look that I found at a garage sale earlier in the spring.  I have already gotten my money’s worth many times over.  These solid colored plates in a variety of colors are PERFECT for us dishaholics!  They go with so much.

Summer tablescape 004

The silveware is something I found at a clearance mid summer….cheap…

 

 

Just feast your eyes on the magnificent colors of summer!  WOW!  God has blessed us in many ways, hasn’t He??

 

See the little tomato pitcher?  It is an antique I found at a little shop going out of business a couple of years ago.  I just fell in love with it, all summery and colorful.

Summer tablescape 005

Candles seem to an added plus even when the temperatures are HOT!

 

 

Here’s my little Fruit Fly again.  Remember him?   Don’t you just love this napkin ring?  Go ahead…take a look….

Summer tablescape 006

I recently purchased it at Pier 1.  Only purchased two because they were a little pricey.  I may have to go back for two more.  The napkins were a closeout at JC Penneys.

I found these monogrammed glasses at Goodwill.  Couldn’t resist since they actually had MY monogram!  They had six.

I enjoy using wine charms on pedestal glasses because it’s so much easier as guests are chatting away to remember whose glass is whose when they all look alike.

Summer tablescape 007

 

The placemats were a winning I recently purchased off Ebay.  They were brand new with Pier 1 tags attached.  Just perfect for a summertime mean.  I love dragon flies.  The placemats were my inspiration for this tablescape.

Summer tablescape 009

 

Beneath the cloche, I have a faux hedge apple, tangerine and raspberries.  Of course you could use the real thing.  It’s just that I always have the faux at my fingertips.  We are talking COLOR people!  I love rich, vibrant, strong colors.

Summer tablescape 008 

 

Sigh ~~~~~  I love this time of year, don’t you?

Summer tablescape 003

 

Our menu will consist of Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts with Pesto Pasta and fruit salad.  Wish you could join us.

 

Thank you Susan.  Thursdays are indeed a real treat for us dish people! :) :)

36 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I LOVE the napkins and napkin rings. Such beautiful, fun colors!!!

susan said...

I love all your vivid colors! Your SIL and niece will feel very special indeed! The "fruit fly" made me laugh!

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Love your plates! The zinnias are so pretty and I love the bright, vivid colors!

Christi

Kathleen said...

Hi Donna..
Pretty table, the colors are so cheerful!
Re MCKenzie Childs..I have a lot of friends who go crazy over MC things..pricey too!
Thanks for visiting, so nice to meet you!

Domestic Designer said...

What a bright and beautiful table. Love those zinnias!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks for visiting me! I love the colorful tablescape you set and those napkin rings are fantastic. Happy TT!

From the Old InkWell said...

oh love your festive colors!

Unknown said...

Goodness such happy colors. It would just brighten your day and make you smile to see such a happy table.
Happy Twirls

Joyce said...

I feel like dancing with those vibrant colors and who could resist Fiestaware!
Joyce

Sue said...

Color! I love color! Your tablescape is so bright and cheerful, Donna. The lime green in the pitcher and plates just pops against your Hartstone salad plates and the linens. Your "fruit" fly is such a cutie. Where did you learn to make
hugs, Sue

Martha said...

A table that says summer -- it is so pretty.

Kammy said...

Great job ! Love those colors - they are sooooo happy !
Kammy

Anonymous said...

One of the most colorful and imaginative tables I have seen. Those dishes are the cutest. The menu sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures.

Tricia said...

Your table is so colorful and pretty. I love your green pitcher.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Donna, what fun. You get to play with your dishes and have company as well. I know you're looking forward to that. I love all your vivid colors. The flatware is on my hunt list.. they are wonderful..thanks for sharing a wonderful tablescape. hugs ~lynne~

Cathy said...

Donna, what a happy, and fun table setting!

Gorgeous!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Donna! What a cute and colorful tablescape! I LOVE those salad plates! So summery! Have a great weekend...Debbie

Melissa Miller said...

Donna your summer table is so very vibrant and gorgeous! Your beaded napkin rings are so beautiful and I adore the monogrammed glasses.

~Wonderful job on everything my friend!

Thanks for the sweet compliments on our yard today. I always appreciate your kindness and understanding about the military way of life. You're the best! :)

LillyB said...

Wow! This tablescape is bright and beautiful!! Have a blessed day!!

Judi said...

Hi Donna
You're right we are on the same wavelength this week with our festive colours. I love your plates and the placemat...and the napkin rings and is that fiestaware pitcher? All my favourite colours...

AND I'm proud to remind you that I used faux flowers on my tables..

have a great evening
Judi

Brenda Pruitt said...

You're talking my colors too, girl! I love the vibrant look of your tablescape. And you've simply thought of everything. I love those glasses that just happened to have your monogram. What luck! And the little charms make them even cuter. I love Fiesta dishes and bid on them on Ebay. Recently won 2 yellow ones, but now I'm wanting those in green!
Brenda

stitching under oaks said...

love those fruity colors and accents. what a warm and welcoming table you've set!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a great TT!! I love all those beautiful bright colors! The green Fiesta is great! Love all the details!

Katherine

Debbie Pearson said...

I hope your guests enjoyed this beautiful table as much as I have...such festive colors, I love it all!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is fun and very retro looking. I love how you've been so bold with your colors. A very bright and cheerful table.

Sharlotte said...

Great table, I love all the colors! I also like the different textures you used. It's bright and very friendly!

Jane said...

My favorite color combinations!!! (see last weeks TT post for my son's wedding/1 year anniversary...using these colors).

Each layer of your table is well thought out. The Fiesta plates and pitcher are the most wonderful color! And the napkins tie it all together. Beautifully done!

Jane (artfully graced)

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Loved all the vibrant colors! Your green pitcher! Beautiful! Every element was just wonderful for the eyes to see! Hugs!

The Tablescaper said...

Fun and festive!!! Love all of the color! How lucky for you to snag that silverware. I've got to say, I don't have that color. Love the green pitcher.
- The Tablescaper

Eileen said...

Oh, you know how to set a festive table! And you know how to spot a bargain! And what a good eye you have! I am really coveting your flatware, your fiesta dishes, your pretty salad plates, your tomato pitcher, oh, heck, I want it all!
Beautiful!
All the best,
Eileen

ReRe said...

Love all the colors of your table! Just so inviting. Thanks for sharing

Bill said...

Hi donna,
You carried out your colorful theme beautifully! I especially like the way you used the fringed fabric (throw?) under the festive items in your centerpiece. The monogrammed glasses are great, and the identifying charms are always such a good idea.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the colors and the way that you used them....

Inspired Comblogulations said...

I am enjoying blogging... thanks for stopping by... I love your tablescape... but I love color! come back and see me sometime.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love all the bright colors! What cute plates and neat napkin rings. Oh, I love the flatware too! Great! Cindy

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I love all of these beautiful colors. How Fun! Great job!