Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Little By Little

Labor Day has passed.  Just walking out in the yard there are the beginning signs of Fall.  The tomato and cucumber plants are looking pitiful.  My burning bush plant is starting to show signs of that beautiful burnt red.  I’ve noticed a fall wreath on doors here and there.

 

With wedding plans frantically coming to completion I decided if there was going to be Fall decor in my home this year, I better start early.  Out came the autumn crates with pumpkins pouring out.

DSCN1999_446

 

All the Fall prettiness is not out but I started with the living room coffee table.

DSCN2019_466

These little spaniels just seem to feel right with the hominess of the season, don’t they?

 

DSCN2011_458

 

 

And Look! They are sitting so sweetly on top of my gift from France my daughter Emily brought back for me!

DSCN2018_465

Books I, II, III and IV of

Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables

ohh, lala!

 

DSCN2052_498

 

Totally in French!

Can’t wait to read it…. :)

DSCN2051_497

 

This little squirrel which is attached to a book is sitting on the fourth book.

I found him at an Estate Sale.

DSCN2021_468

 

Here is their profile shot.

Oh, the pashmina I used for texture and color is also from France.

DSCN2020_467

 

Today I’m joining Marti at A Stroll Thru Life

Tabletop Tuesday party!

 

Table Top Tuesday

 

and Rhoda at Southern Hospitality

Today's Thrifty Treasures

 

 

DSCN2018_465

17 comments:

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Donna! The wedding is fast approaching! November right? I bet it's going to be beautiful! Your coffee table looks so cute with the spaniels and pumkins.

I'm leaving for Dallas on Friday, I'm hoping to grab several samples. I hope to see you again in Jan.!

Thanks for your visit, you might not know but I work part time now at a beautiful shop as one of the floral designers. They are really busy right now. I've got to get busy on my own though, I have a room full of things I need to make and get listed! Have a great day! Kristen

Nana's Nuggets said...

good Morning donna, this is just so cute! I too have started my decorations, have got to get in that closet and get it all out!! I just love the fall colors! Have a great day!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! Oh, your living room table is so pretty! I love your doggies up there guarding! Everything you've used looks wonderful. I had better get on the ball with the decorating.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your coffee table looks wonderful. I love the shawl and the Spaniels are perfect. The beautiful collection of books and the pumpkins just make the perfect accessories. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

southerninspiration said...

So, so pretty, Miss Donna! Love it ALL!

Suzanne
Can't wait to get my fall out...I have several things in there that remind me of you!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Donna! I love all of the frenchiness on your post! Oh la la is right! lol I know you must be sooo excited about the approaching wedding! Love the touches of fall in your home! It's still so hot here that I can't think about it! Have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

stitching under oaks said...

I'm itching to get my fall stuff out but we've got company coming in this week and I don't think I have the time to get it out and still have the house tidy for guest....oh well, next week it comes out for sure. love your stacks of books with the doggies.

xinex said...

What a cute vignette, Donna! And yes, the spaniels looks so at home for fall...Christine

Sue said...

Donna, You DID tell me you had the same doggies as me! I think they have such sweet face and look wonderful on the pashmina. And your little squirrel is precious, too.
~ Sue

Miss Char said...

Oh Donna, I am in love with your pups and they look perfect on your table. I started just a little bit this weekend but hope to get fully involved in autumn decorating this weekend.

Blondie's Journal said...

Very cute vignette, Donna. The spaniels are SO happy looking!! They look great on top of the books, which I would have to learn French to read!!

Happy TT Tuesaday! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your coffee table looks great! My favorite part of the vignette is the little squirrel. I'm almost ready to put out some fall things. Your pictures make me want to pull my boxes down and start to rearrange accessories!

Michelle said...

Everything looks beautiful as usual! I am looking for a hint of fall so that I can pull out my decorations!

Katy said...

Hi Donna, it's so nice to meet you!! Thanks for your comment, and I love that copy of Les Miserables in French -- even though I can't read French. lol!

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful! Fall is my favorite season ~ just can't get enough of the decor, scents and bright colors. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Pat

Laurie said...

Those books are so lovely -- great covers!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I have just gotten my Fall stuff up from the basement, Donna! I did put out a few things the other day, but I need to do the rest. Hopefully, this weekend I'll be able to play around with that a little bit.