Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wedding Reception Tables with Silver Trays and White Pumpkins

My daughter and I had a vision and it came together beautifully.  Our family loves fall and while we were planning the reception we were determined to use mostly real white pumpkins in with our tablescapes for the reception.

I have been collecting white urns and silver trays for close to a year.  With the help of my floral friend Damon, this all came together for us.

75616_1538604463341_1181778009_31276634_1595647_n

Some pumpkins were glittered

DSC_0804

Each table had a silver tray, a pumpkin and flowers.  Most of the trays I picked up at thrift stores.

Some were in my own personal collection

 

 

DSC_0777

 

 

Some were monogrammed with glitter

 

DSC_0778

DSC_0793

DSC_0806

 

 

We rented this giant candelabra for the head table.  It had a silver glittered Cinderella pumpkin perched on top.

So pretty!

 

DSCN2673_1095

Some pumpkins were carved and used as vases

 

The table below was Mr. Brown Socks and my table with the vintage bride and groom

 

DSCN2657_1079

 

The big, tall urns were from thrift stores

DSCN2662_1084

Carnation topiaries dressed up the head table

 

DSCN2674_1096

 

I LOVED these monogrammed pumpkins with the largest pumpkin having a “C” for their last name and staggering sizes for the initials for their first names.

I didn’t get a lot of pictures at night but so glad we have this so you can see how pretty it was illuminated.  Christmas lights were inserted from the bottom to light these.

DSC_0807

Notice lights of the city in the background.

This was the prettiest room!

DSCN2668_1090

 

These apothecary jars were filled with flowers at the bar

DSCN2712_1132

 

These pictures were taken at midnight as we were leaving to go home

Such FUN we had!

DSCN2754_1174

DSCN2753_1173

 

The little mercury candle holders did have votives in them as time drew near for the guests to arrive.  We used white barley to fill in. They were take home favors for our guests.

72780_1538603823325_1181778009_31276628_6720394_n

 

 

 

73432_1538604383339_1181778009_31276633_2081390_n

Most all of the pumpkins were real.  They held up great during the five weeks I babied them in my basement!

73064_1538605343363_1181778009_31276642_8334715_n

 

 

The pumpkins with drilled holes were so pretty at night.  We used a battery operated candle which was meant for Halloween. It glowed beautifully.  Got them at Home Depot.

37182_1538606343388_1181778009_31276650_3827707_n

 

This was the guest book table

74366_1538609543468_1181778009_31276676_1089208_n

 

75295_1538609783474_1181778009_31276679_3768860_n

 

148506_1538604823350_1181778009_31276637_2107757_n

 

Notice how the lid to the pumpkin is perched on the side of the arrangement.  I loved that!

75616_1538604463341_1181778009_31276634_1595647_n

This is what the table looked like after we cleared everything off the individual tables.  Luckily I didn’t have to take it all home that night.  They gave me a couple of days to wrap all the breakables.

DSCN2750_1170

Tablescape Thurs

I am joining Susan today at Between Naps on the Porch for

Tablescape Thursday.

Show and Tell Friday

 

 

For the first time I am excited to join Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday!

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing our wedding reception with me.  Such memories we will have for a lifetime!

 

Donna

31 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, what a wonderful post! I very much enjoyed seeing all the beautiful table decorations! I know your guests loved seeing all the variations on the white pumpkin centerpieces. It looked like a memorable reception! My son is getting married in December, so this was especially fun to see.

Domestic Designer said...

Just Beautiful! I love how you used the pumpkins in so many different ways. Such a wonderful reception.
Blessings!
DD

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty for a lovely autumn wedding! Love the last pic too -- looks like a gorgeous pumpkin patch!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tables!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful setting for an autumn wedding. Love the different ways you used the white pumpkins. It is all lovely!
Happy Thanksgiving! ~ Sarah

southerninspiration said...

It's amazing that you collected all of that over a year's time, except we know that the pumpkins and leaves were all garnered at the last month....it was all worth it! So, so pretty!! I love that each one was a little different!

Suzanne
When my daughter gets married, I need to fly you down to help me! :D

Jacqueline said...

This just made my jaw drop! I have never seen or imagined anything like this. I especially love the variety from table to table. I couldn't tell you my favorite! The glitter made everything so special. The monogrammed ones are fantastic. I would have loved to see it in person. Beautiful Tablescape Thursday and what a fabulous wedding.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Stunning! I'll bet that you've received so many compliments from your guests on your pretty decor. I can't wait to show these pictures to Mama when I see her at Thanksgiving.

Barbara said...

What fun! I just love the monogrammed pumpkins. You can see all the love that went into this lovely occasion.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love all of those white pumpkins, those holding flowers the best, I think. Very pretty.

Miss Char said...

Everything looks beautiful Donna, I know y'all must have had the best time.

I'm headed west nearly to Des Moines right now,can you see me yet? :)

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Donna! As a retired professional wedding planner, may I say that this is VERY well done! I LOVE the pumpkins with the illuminated letters!!! What a wonderful idea! Lots of creative uses of pumpkins and natural elements. I am totally impressed that you kept all those pumpkins in such good shape for such an extended period of time, too! Very nice! Congratulations all around, and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What beautiful vision you and your daughter had! I love wedding receptions with unusual themes, great job!

Blondie's Journal said...

The tables were just beautiful. The pumpkins were a great theme and thank goodness for white pumpkins! I love the lit up ones! You really did an incredible job!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope Emily has a wonderful time in the Windy City! ;-D

XO,
Jane

Decor To Adore said...

What an absolutely perfect table setting you have created just in time for the holidays. I just love all of the different textures. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

HEEEEY!!! Im your newest follower! LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your site , so many great ideas! Makes me want to run to hobby lobby! Thank you for stopping by my 14 days of xmas trees!

NEW GIVEAWAY starts in morning!
Come See!!!

blessings xoxokara

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding reception. Love the look of all the glittery white pumpkins!

Kay - North Central Texas

Entertaining Women said...

I love that you had a vision and you went for it! The white pumpkins made this a beautiful Cinderella elegant reception for your lovely daughter. Thank you for sharing your creative designs. Wonderful! Cherry Kay

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty Autumn wedding! I love the use of pumpkins and glitter. They remind me of Cinderella! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marlis said...

What a wonderful, magical, beautiful reception. All the pumpkins in their various dress are just magnificent. I love your theme. You have a beautiful daughter and her magical wedding reception was really a sight!

Jenna, SAS Interiors said...

Beautiful and creative arrangements!!
Thanks for checking out my website, SAS Interiors, and leaving such a kind and thoughtful message! I'm now a follower of your site :)

Check back often and be inspired!

~Jenna, SAS Interiors
www.sasinteriors.blogspot.com

Bill said...

Hi Donna,

So beautiful! It looks as if it all might have appeared with the wave of a magic wand! But we know better after reading your fascinating description of the process of assembling the trays, the urns, the white pumpkins, and so on. You should be very proud of what your time, energy, and talents accomplished here.

It's all beyond beautiful! Speaking of beauty, I checked out your previous post about the wedding. The bride, her sisters, and the wonderful mother-of-the bride looked absoulutely gorgeous!

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Bill

stitching under oaks said...

Gloria, thank you for sharing....it all looks so beautiful. Now, if only I can talk my girls into a fall wedding I can just use all of your ideas! (my oldest is only 16 so I have plenty of time to convince her!) Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the time with your family.

stitching under oaks said...

and I feel like a dork, because I called you Gloria and I know full well that you are Donna....sheesh...Thank goodness it's Friday!

subgirl said...

Donna, how very creative you are! You did a marvelous job of decorating for the reception. You gave your daughter a special event she will never forget. Beautiful job!!!

Savannah Granny said...

WOW! I love this unique slant on a reception. It is so refreshing to see something different. Too often the receptions get bogged down with the "same ole, same ole'". Beautiful job!! Kudos for the thrifting.

Thanks for visiting and for your sweet comments.
Ginger

Rettabug said...

Stunning! Such a glittery array of fresh flowers & all those WONDERFUL WHITE pumpkins...outstanding decorations!!!

I know the night must have been magical...I kept thinking of "Cinderella" as I viewed each photo.

Your daughter made a beautiful bride & I hope they enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving, Donna!

Jane said...

Hi Donna,
What a beautiful reception! I got married in October (back in the day) and I sure wish I had your creativity back then to put together such a gorgeous fall themed reception. I love all the variations in the pumpkins....such a neat idea! And I also love how you found thrifted items to use on your table displays.
Congrats to the bride and groom.
You can sit back now and enjoy the holidays!!
Jane

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.