Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Friday, November 12, 2010

Bread Machine version of Outback Bread

The leaves are falling and the forecast hints of snow.  Sounds to me like it’s time to pull down the bread machine from up high in the pantry.

 

 

 

DSCN0776

You have got to try this recipe!  I can’t tell you how good it is!

 

The ingredients

 

DSCN0775

 

Ummm, so pretty and smells good already

DSCN0777

 

Step by step procedure

 

DSCN0778

 

It’s really not hard to do

DSCN0779

 

 

DSCN0780

Believe me…your guests will not care that these don’t look magazine perfect.  I served these for a Supper Club meal we hosted last fall and were they ever a hit!  I’ve never seen so much bread eaten.  Great, great flavor!

DSCN0782

 

 

Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread

Bread Machine

1 1/2 c. warm water

2 T. butter, softened

1/2 c. honey

2 c. bread flour

2 c. wheat flour

1 T. cocoa

1 T. sugar

2 tsp. instant coffee

1 tsp. salt

2 1/4 tsp. yeast (1 pkg.)

3 T. cornmeal (optional for dusting)

Place all ingredients in the bread machine and process on dough setting.  The dough will be a little on the wet side and sticky, but if it seems too wet add a bit more flour.  When dough is done let it rise for on an hour.  Remove from pan, punch down, and divide into eight portions.  Shape each portion into loaves about 6-8 inches long and 2 inches wide.  Sprinkle all sides with cornmeal and place them on 2 cookie sheets.  Cover and let rise 1 hour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with butter.

Serve with a cup of soup for a perfect late fall lunch.

DSCN0783

I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum today for Foodie Friday.

Thank you so much for the nice comments you left regarding my daughter’s wedding!   Next week I will share some photos of the centerpieces from the reception. The overall look turned out just perfect.

See you over at Michael’s!

Donna

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Hubby loves OB bread. I really need to buy a bread maker. Looks very good.

Miss Char said...

I'll put some in the machine tomorrow, this looks great Donna. Mr. Bruce will thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb! Oh, this looks good. I don't have a bread machine but hopefully I just just bake it in the oven? Yum, how I love bread, especially homemade and warm. mmmm.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so jealous Donna! Before I moved from Maryland to Florida I did the stoooopidest thing...sold my bread machine! I love that Bushman Bread! I'm so going to try your recipe (sans the machine).

Thanks for the recipe!

Cheers!
Tina

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Yay! An ABM recipe. I am trying this. I love finding new recipes for my bread maker.

Debbiedoos said...

Oh that looks good Donna! Bread is my down fall, I love it all, and once I start eating it I can't stop. I have considered a bread maker, however, I would have to consider rejoining Weight watchers too!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Hi Donna! I just found your Blog and LOVE IT! I will be following you! I have an Interior Design Blog and im doing 14 days of Christmas trees, WHEW! I would love for you to stop by and visit! And I have a GIVEAWAY!

*ENTER PAMPERING Give-Away Here *

xoxokara

Shubham Kumar said...

Hi thanks for shariing this