Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Monday, November 15, 2010

Changing Fall from Orange to White

I’m not sure why because I LOVE color but I have taken on a new love affair with white and more specifically white pumpkins.

  

This variety is called Blue Plate and it is just as beautiful as it was in early October.  The farmers all told me the white ones wouldn’t keep until early November…the time of our reception.

DSCN2793_1212

 

 

 

This apothecary jar is filled with some white glittered pumpkins left from my daughter’s wedding reception.  Some have a fine coating of silver glitter white others I sprinkled with what I call a “sugar coating”.  The glitter was from Martha’s line which I purchased at Michaels…along with the very fine silver.

 

Because I am known as the “Silk Plant Lady” or worse yet seller of “Fake Flowers”, I must tell you these sweet little pumpkins are real.  They were actually free!  The farmer’s wife told us to take any of the mini pumpkins and gourds for no charge!

Have you ever??

DSCN2777_1196

 

I just adore the two little pumpkins perched on top of the vintage pedestals.  Not sure what these were originally used for but I found them for around 50 cents at thrift stores.  Aren’t they adorable with the mini pumpkins?

DSCN2774_1193

 

I love these nesteled in with my creamy white and brown transferware platter and the little Bountiful ceramic sign.

 

I do think the mini pumpkins are starting to turn more yellow but they are at least six weeks old.  They look more white in real life.

DSCN2775_1194

 

Mr. Tom Turkey sits proudly watching over  everything.  He was a TJ Maxx find.

DSCN2776_1195

 

Let’s all enjoy the beauty which is fall for at least another week.

DSCN2770_1189

 

Won’t you join we at A Stroll Thru Life with Marty as we enjoy all the Tabletops being shared this week?!

Table Top Tuesday

15 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I just love pumpkins -- all the colors too! So glad you entered my giveaway -- good luck!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the platter. and your turkey plate....I featured it in my Table Top Tuesday post last week!

Anonymous said...

I'm coveting that platter and the dishes in your header just a bit! :)
I love those little bitty pumpkins and what a nice lady to just give them to you! Lovely vignette.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

southerninspiration said...

you KNOW how I love that brown and white transferware!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gorgeous! And i love all the white pumpkins you used!

Suzanne

Unknown said...

I am grooving on those white pumpkins too, Donna! And I have to say, your platter is fabulous!

Sweet of that lady to let you have "those" white pumpkins for freeeeee! woohoo!

Cheers!
Tina

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your header is stunnning! Everything in this post was gorgeous! Oh, to be able to create like you do! What a beautiful and inspiring post.
Mona

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I find I am liking the white pumpkins more myself, Donna. The little ones are my favorite as I like that you can have them on their own {on a pedestal or pillar candle holder} or in a grouping like your apothecary jar or a bowl. I may go with all white next year.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I am loving white pumpkins this year, too!! The little ones are adorable :)

Nancy said...

It all looks beautiful Donna!!

Miss Char said...

Well Donna, I really believe great minds think alike and we are alike. I'm in love with the white pumpkins too and have a table planned doing just the white. Not sure if I'm going to get it done, I'm leaving again tomorrow. Your vignettes look perfect and I just love the apothecary jar with the glittery pumpkins in it.

Headed sort of your way tomorrow, wish we could stop for a hug.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so pretty. Your displays are gorgeous. Love your fabulous plate, stunning and all of your pumpkins are wonderful. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, marty

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Everything looks wonderful!!! :) I love your Tom Turkey!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

It is all beautiful, and I love Mr. Turkey. Teresa

Unknown said...

What a beautiful display!!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh I love white pumpkins! So classy and elegant! Thanks for sharing!Hope your having a great week so far! LOve ya
Jessica