Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's a Green Fury Bunny Party

Good Morning! Yah, it's April. It WILL warm up some day SOON, right? One of the first signs of spring are all those cute but pesty rabbits in our garden. Today I'm joining Barb at Grits and Glamour. She is hosting a Bunny on a Stick party. It's fun to see what creative ways people are using these little cuties! Thanks Barb for this first day of April fun! :)

I purchased fourteen of these babies, thinking I had overdone it. I knew they were cute but would my customers agree? Would I end up with a whole extended family of bunnies all over my workroom?

NO! They were one of the fastest items to go out the door.

Each time I looked around, I saw someone carrying one of these little cuties. I had a dozen of those little robin's egg blue "bowls" and don't have one left. I potted several bunnies in those and some tiny ferns in others. I loved grouping them in threes. I had planned on having three left for me and maybe even one to give to my mom, but that isn't happening. There are just two left and one wasn't even potted for people to take, so they really were a hit! I may have to see if I can find more. This one I am keeping for myself. It was not with the other plants with a price tag. I don't have much blue but I love this little Blue Delft creamer I found at the thrift store. The foam is not glued down so that this little guy can be removed after spring and used for something else. Click on the pictures to enlarge and see details.
I liked the mini cabbage leaves in one for variety. Lots of variety is good when you have ladies coming to shop!
Click on this picture. Can you see the little birds on the cup? This was found at a thrift store. It had the tinest chip which I covered with moss. I paid .50 for it!! (thought about keeping it, but I can't keep everything!) Oh on second glance, I'm not sure the birds are showing from this angle. Believe me, they were darling!
For our bunny party snack, I wanted to make sure the bunnies weren't hungry. Perhaps this will keep them out of our gardens.
Oh! There are some pastel M&M's just for us!
I've enjoyed this Bunny on a Stick party. Now I'm going back to Barb's to see how others have used these precious furries.
Thanks for stopping by today!!

23 comments:

Kelly B said...

Wow!! I love your ideas!! I guess I will have to break down and get some of that foam. I really like those little carrots!! :) You are very talented!!I wish I lived near your store!! :)

Debbie said...

Thats exactly what I did with mine. Bunny topiaries...you can't go wrong. Love these. Debbie

Nancy Rosalina said...

I love them! They are too cute and make me smile!!!!! Nancy

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I love seeing them in teacups and teapots! So fun!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see all your spring time creations.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great ideas, but the one in the sugar bowl is so pretty! Happy BoaS day!

Adrienne said...

I like the way you grouped them in three's. Very classy.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

All of your bunnies are so cute. I really like putting it in a sugar bowl, great idea!

Bo said...

Hi Donna...I sure would have grabbed one of your topiaries at the show...they are so cute! I know I'm going to be so mad at myself for not buying any of those bunnies....;-) Bo

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

OK Donna you win!! you got the most BUBS-on a stick girl..loved everything you did with yours..and I'll have an m&m for the road...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Domestic Designer said...

I just love what you did with the bunny. Now I know that I must find one for myself! You have given me some great ideas. Thanks!

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Your bunnies on a stick look so cute! I can see why your customers would grap up those arrangements! Just so pretty and springy!

Manuela

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Donna...These are soooo cute! The one in the creamer is my favorite! Hope you are having a good week...Debbie

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I am not surprised they went so fast, but then again your containers and such made them so cute. You might want to refill the M&M bowl, I grabbed them all. Sorry. :-D

Thanks so much for joining in on todays party. Blessings, Barb

Chandy said...

Very cool! They seem to be trendsetters on their own!

Lynda said...

Darling topiaries! I really like the idea of using teacups to hold the bunnies!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

No wonder they were such a hit. They all look so pretty! I'm glad you're keeping the one in the sugar bowl, because it is such a pretty sugar bowl. If you had only kept another one, maybe they would have made babies, so that you could have one for your mother! laurie

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Congrats on selling most of them! These little guys are just too cute for words!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Yes..well..I..I don't have one of them there bunnies. :(

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I'm not surprised these all sold.. they are adorable... I've "got" to find a bunny on a stick...they are adorable.. Thanks so much for swinging by darling...I just take things an hour at a time...they are ever changing.... I hope things are well with you...
hugs ~lynne~

Small House said...

OH HOW CUTE! I love the bunnies. And they are in the sweetest pots, and bowls, cups etc. LOVE THEM!
Sandra

Kammy said...

I love your bunnies (looks like everyone else did too :o) ) I also
love all your faux arrangements -
so glam ! Hugs, Kammy

Miss Janice said...

These little bunnies-on-a-stick are everywhere! I loved how you used them as topiaires!