Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Festive Holiday Punch

 

Are you having a holiday gathering this month?  I have a very tasty and pretty punch recipe to share with you today. 

We made this for my daughter’s wedding reception and we loved the flavor.  The addition of almond extract makes it irresistibly good!

 

DSCN2710_1130 

I made an ice ring by pouring about two inches of pineapple juice into a round metal mold.  Into the mold I dumped about a cup of whole cranberries and froze this.  About three hours later I poured pineapple juice up to the top of the mold and placed in the freezer.  You will want to allow at least 24 hours if not longer for the mold to become solid.

 

DSCN2711_1131

 

 

  We floated orange slices and additional cranberries for a nice look.

Now imagine surrounding this punch bowl with evergreens and red berries for Christmas!   Pretty!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cranberry-Pineapple Punch

1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry juice

1 (48-ounce) can pineapple juice

1/2 cup sugar

2 teaspoons almond extract

1 (2-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled

Stir together first 4 ingredients until sugar dissolves.  Cover and chill 8 hours.

Stir in ginger ale just before serving.

Yield:  6 1/2 quarts

Recipe is from Southern Living

 

 

 

Our punch bowl is from a garage sale!  Sorry the picture still shows the saran wrap around it.  The lady who sold this had it all boxed and wrapped to keep the air away.  It is a beautiful, beautiful bowl with detailed tray and ladle!  What a find!!

DSCN1875_325

DSCN1876_326

 

I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum

and

Cindy at My Romantic Home

Give this recipe a try if you are entertaining friends over the holidays.  It’s easy and quite good.

Donna

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! Oh, this sounds so good and looks so pretty! Love the way you made the ice ring too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Well, you know I covet that darned punch bowl...and that punch sounds yummmmy....of course, I'd have to spike it....

Cathy said...

What a gorgeous punch bowl and the punch looks so festive.

Paula@SweetPea said...

I'm glad Shannon said it first because I was thinking that that recipe needs a kick!!! Love, love, love your punchbowl!!!!

Jane said...

That punch bowl find at a garage sale was meant for you! It really looks pretty on the table and the recipe does sound good.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jane

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I must print this and add it to the Recipe Keepers I am giving for Christmas this year...Thank you for sharing! It sounds wonderful!

Miss Char said...

Donna, that punch bowl is just made for big parties. I think you should have a Christmas party just so you can display it with fresh greens and berries. I may have to drive out there and borrow it. You are the garage sale queen with that little gem.

Deanna said...

Love the Punch Bowl, etc. Think you got a great treasure there!!! Beautiful.

I think I'm going to have to try this punch recipe.

May you have a blessed month,
d from homehaven in Kansas