Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Friday, October 31, 2008

Excuse me....Could you spare a little pocket change?

Happy Halloween!
Several years ago my doorbell rang and this "person" stood there wearing this female mask,an old flannel shirt and a ball cap while holding a tin cup. She held a sign asking for a little money. Even though I KNEW it was my friend, I couldn't be sure. This was one of the most realistic masks I had ever seen. It really did scare me to the point where I wanting to close the door. When I would say "Deb?" she just stood there looking at me, not saying a word. That very day I went down to the Hallmark store and purchased the male and female versions of these masks. They are something our grown children would want me to grab in case of a fire. We have had more fun with them.
One year I was unpacking the Halloween decorations and ran across the masks. My husband and I put them on and walked into the room where our girls were. They all screamed to high heaven. They are always good for a laugh and have been worn over and over again.
Even now my two youngest girls dress up in old torn clothes, gloves and a blanket, sitting quietly in the flower bed watching for unsuspecting children! They rarely jump out, they just sit there. The kids are so freaked out as well as the parents! When older boys pretend not to be afraid and try to touch one of my girls, they will jump out and scare the ever living daylights out of these bullies!
Wishing you a frightfully good time on Halloween!
BOO!

2 comments:

southerninspiration said...

You are so funny! Great post!
Happy Halloween to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Same to you !!!

Great post.

Kathy :)

I came via Rhoda !!!