Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Did you know Flowers can Dance?

One of the most important steps in making a faux floral arrangement different from a fake flower arrangement is movement. I love adding lots of different pieces that can dance if the arrangement gets moved. Motion just adds life to the creation.
Adding lots and lots of texture will bring your piece to life. It's fun to look at the piece and want to touch it. It adds excitement to discover a new stem of "something" each time you look at it.
Okay, when can you sit down to blog and do it rather quickly?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty I love your pieces. I don't know where you are located but there is a great place in Boston Jacobsonfloral.com for supplies.

FYI

Nice to meet you

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous! I love the pictures!

southerninspiration said...

A good idea! And your designs are to die for! I wish you were next door to me, sweetie!
Suzanne

Designs on 47th Street said...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :)

Anonymous, I am in the midwest but I will check out their site. Nice of you to give me the name and nice to meet you too!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

lovely arrangements as always :)...and I didn't know your mom had a thing against squirrels too! that is too funny...

welcome to BLogging :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks for reading my blog! So glad you started your own. Very nice to meet you.