Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Monday, June 18, 2012

Oh! There it is

Many changes have been going on in my house and with my business lately.  Those of you who might be new reading my blog, I have a home based business selling silk floral arrangements and accessories.  I have recently decided to turn my love of discovering great vintage pieces and decorative items found at market to my inventory.

 

 

Several days back I decided it was time to go through my numerous bins of thrifted finds to just see what I had collected in the past several months.  Truly I had forgotten some things.  Earlier this year my friend Beth and I had decided to open an “Occasional Sale” shop, just planning to open one long weekend out of the month.  Because we didn’t want to commit to a shop tying us down 6 days a week we knew in order to be successful our rent would have to be very low.  We wanted to stay in our little community.  We spent numerous hours searching for a spot to open our dream shop. It was all right there…a vision in our heads of what it would look like and how people were going to see it as a destination location!  After searching unsuccessfully for a good six months I have decided to continue doing shows in my home two or three times a year and foregoing a shop at least for the time being.

 

Being organizationally challenged I was sick of opening up this closet and not being able to find anything!

It was time to uncover my treasures

 

DSCN6252_2199

 

Now I have my whites together

 

DSCN6256_2203

 

A green shelf

DSCN6255_2202

 

Hidden before were these little salt and pepper shakers

The colorful birds on the right are a GW find with an Anthropology tag on bottom

DSCN6254_2201

My newer fruits are together

DSCN6258_2205

 

 

More fruits

 

 

 

DSCN6268_2215

 

A few veggies

DSCN6266_2213

 

A variety of orbs ordered from market

DSCN6265_2212

 

A partial view of my workroom

 

DSCN6270_2217

 

 

And a cute little memo holder for ideas and things to remember

DSCN6269_2216

 

 

I’m pretty sure God knew I had too many other things going on in my life to be a store owner right now.

DSCN6257_2204

 

More organizing in my future but for now it feels good to have this much done.

Thanks for stopping by Designs on 47th Street today!

Donna

 

DSCN6253_2200

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nicely done, Donna! Very organized looking! I love all your white pieces. Maybe the shop will come in time, but right now you have to do what your gut tells you.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

So good to see your dream beginning to take shape!!! You'll find the right space when God is ready for you to find it! Right now, organizing everything is the perfect thing to do. Your closet looks great and ready for the next event. Congrats, Donna!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

How nice to walk in and see everything all organized and in it's place! I love the idea of one long weekend a month type of shop. But I have to say I admire you for doing the shows in your home. I know it's not your dream but there's a lot of benefits and there's no rent! :)

Miss Char said...

Your very own style of a "dish room"! Doesn't it feel great Donna to get things organized where you can see what you've got? I still hope that you will find the perfect location for your new business idea. Keep looking my friend.

Tina said...

Hopefully your store when come to you soon. Great organizing of all your treasures.

Have fun and good luck!

Babs said...

You have a wonderful selection of containers. Love the white ones. I hope you take some photos and show us what you're making.
It's good to see you again,
Babs

Sarah said...

Getting organized feels great, doesn't it? Wish I had a nice big closet like that!

Anonymous said...

YOu ahve so many fun things...just discovered your blog via Good Life of Design blog and look forward to your beautiful table settings and ideas.

Ralph lauren polo outlet said...

Wow, massive talent there! So inspiring and visually mesmerizing! My credit card just may melt in my head as I look at all these great ideas!! Thanks for sharing your sponsor sites, loverly!!