Tablescapes, Home Decor, Thrifting, Cooking

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Silk Show

 

I have been missing for awhile in case there might be one of you who noticed! ;)

 

Buried in my workroom filled to the brim with boxes and boxes of floral stems, pumpkins and colorful fall greenery, I have been creating one arrangement after the other for my fall show.  A lot of effort and time go into turning my home into a store for a few days.

 

Fall show 2009 007

 

This one is done in a lidded chest.

Fall show 2009 003

There was much concern for me because my 325 flyers that were sent out to my customer list had an error on it!  My heart dropped when the first person called saying she received my lovely invite but was confused!  I proofed the informative side of the invitation over and over but the address side was where the problem was and went overlooked by me AND my daughter who was helping me stick labels and stamps on.  The printers had accidentally left the date of my LAST year’s fall show at the bottom of the card on their computer, so there was an Oct. 2nd, 3rd and 4th date on one side, and the correct Sept. dates on the other.  I made sure to get everyone’s email address this time in case there is need to get a hold of my customers quickly in the future!

 

 

A different twist from a grapevine wreath ~~ fall lovelies on a magnolia leaf base.  This looked prettier in person.

Fall show 2009 019

 

 

Rich, vibrant colors…oh I just love them!

Fall show 2009 006

 

 

Fall show 2009 012

 

 

Fall show 2009 024

 

 

One lady bought both of these. I wish I had had more.

    

 

             Fall show 2009 002   Fall show 2009 001

 

 

Guess what I’ll be doing October 2nd?  Opening my doors in case customers who only looked at the one side of the invite might show up!  If life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Isn’t that what they say?  Maybe I’ll end up selling a bit more.  It’s awfully nice to see the comforts of fall in my home once again….even though it is a bit much with so many arrangements!

 

Fall show 2009 011

 

It’s good to be back.  I’m anxious to check in with everyone to see what fun things you are doing. 

 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you’ll stay awhile and say hello!    

10 comments:

southerninspiration said...

I so wish I could hop in a jet and come for your second go round!! They are all gorgeous! YOu are so, so talented, my friend.

Suzanne

Domestic Designer said...

Everything looks just perfect! You are one talented gal. Wish I lived close enough to come!

Kristens Creations said...

I hope you sell everything! They look really pretty!! Good luck!kristen

Kelly B said...

How beautiful!! I can't even manage to put flowers in a vase and make them look good... so I am definitely drooling!! ;0)

stitching under oaks said...

One is prettier than the next. Of course, I'm partial to fall...your arrangements are just gorgeous. I hope you sell them all. Your home looks so cozy and festive. What a great way to bring your customers into your home and see your creations!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so festive - I'd like one of everything! I do love Autumn and you are so creative. I wish you all the best!

Millie said...

It all is so beautiful...I am kinda envious, as this time of year was when I did hundreds of floral items for sale at a large craft show. I gave it up 2 years ago, and now only do Christmas things for one event. We wanted to travel more in the fall, so I guess that is the upside, but it was so much fun meeting the customers,and seeing their joy with something I made. All the best with your shows!

Anonymous said...

Pretty as usual Donna....sorry you had the error on your mailings but sometimes things happen for a reason...you're smart to keep those Oct dates open :)

All the best,
Kathy :)

marmielu said...

How pretty! I think it would be nice to be able to see arrangements in the home, but I can understand your need for some space.:) Good luck this weekend.
Mary Lou

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh that is all beautiful!!!